Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Samaritan's First Award

We are all pleasantly surprised today. We have received two awards. The first: Samaritan our largest and youngest brother has received his first - The Thinking Blogger Award - passed on to him by Sassy Little Cat. He was stunned speechless. And he's usually a chatterbox. But we'll let him announce it himself.

Here are the rules attached to this award:

1. You must write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think. (No fish or bird blogs, they'll just make you hungry)

2. Acknowledge this post.

3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award" with a link to the post that you wrote.

4. Go tell your humans to fork over the treats!

Samaritan here. Yes, this was a surprise, but it's shared with the entire Funny Farm, as you can see. Sassy wrote, "I would like to pass this award on to: Samaritan at Jan's Funny Farm, because I am still trying to figure out how the phone got to the pool party and calls were made to home; hey, it wasn't even a cell phone. They are always helping others and making us aware of others who need help and how we can help them." (In case you missed Sassy's pool party, you can read our post here or Sassy's here. Notice the telephone I used to call home. And, no, I didn't call collect.)

Sassy, thank you for sharing this award with me - with us. It will be a pleasure to share it with others. We have been making so many friends among the dogs and cats of the Internet, it will be a hard choice. But I have to choose so...

1) Poppy Q because she is always introducing her readers to new friends. She takes the time to learn about each one. She encouraged SophieKitty to start blogging when her mom's arm healed. She definitely makes us think about being kind to others.

2) Stormy at the Army of Four Digest because he took up Beau's cause and gathered the Troopers together, regular A04 Troopers and Volunteer. He doesn't just think, he acts.

Uh-oh, I boo-booed. We all assumed since Stormy is Supreme Commander of the Ao4, she is a he. But she isn't a he. She's a she. And we all apologize, Stormy! (Get over here, guys. You told me she was a boy, so you have to apologize too.)

3) Darling Millie & her mom because her mom kept her word and started blogging to keep everyone updated on Millie's progress. Millie helps her mom do nice things to help others, but we aren't allowed to tell their secrets.

4) Forty Paws because Maw & her crew have done so much to help pass stronger laws against animal cruelty after losing one of their own.

5) Chase because, although she lost her eyelids, nose, and back leg at 4 weeks of age, she is an overcomer who spreads cheer as a therapy cat.

(s) Samaritan

Okay, now that Samaritan has made his choices, we want to add a little PS here.

First, we are all dying to know how Samaritan managed to get hold of a phone when no one attending had a cell phone with them and Samaritan had no money to pay for a phone call.
He forgets he's not a puppy anymore and has large vocal chords, but he managed to call home and yell YIPPPPPEEEEEE!!! in Jan's ear. She's still having trouble hearing out of that one ear.

We've asked him where he got the phone, but all he'll tell us is, Think about it. So, Sassy, we don't know either. If you find out, would you let us know?

Anyway, Samaritan has not let this swell his head and we'd like to show you how humbly Samaritan is taking this. Percy snapped this photo of me (Buddy) and Samaritan this afternoon.



"Hey, my head is not that big. What did you guys do to my picture?"

Uh-oh, gotta go. We'll have to post the other award tomorrow.

(s) Buddy, Percy & Jan's Funny Farm

22 comments:

  1. Ah, I tink you deserve dis award. I givez you congratunationz. You also picked some furry good cats & beanz to pass dis on to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the award. You sure deserve it. Who am I? I'm Charlotte, MoMo cat's friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank roo, Samaritan, and congrats to YOU on the award! You're most kind to award it to me for Operation BBH. One thing though ... yes, I am the Supreme Commander of the Ao4 ... but I'm a GIRL! I know you can't tell over the internet. :)
    Tail wags,
    Storm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your place is such a fun place to visit. I liked your post about the award and learning about the ones you selected to pass it on. I am so honored that I gave you your first award. That makes it all the more special. I do have to ask Sam if I do find out about how you got the phone do you really want me to tell Jan???? Oh, was it OK to call you Sam, if not I take it back. Love to all of you. xoxoxo. Stop by tomorrow; another surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you fur the comment!!
    We're so glad Dogster could help out!!
    Wags and licks,
    Maya and Kena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaha - thise pictures are priceless!!! Congratulations on your award, very cool!!!
    When you host your blogroll with blogrolling .com you can do it in the settings so it shows if someone has updated their blog.
    If you can't figure it out email Karl
    thecatrealm at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh - we just realized - you have a blogoversary in 2 days!!!!
    That's Friday! Will you have a party?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congwatulations on this awawd and I love the way you talked about the fwiends you awe passing it on to ..they twuly desewve it too!!
    I'm so glad to be fwiends with all of you and I think Samawitan's head is just the wight size
    smoochie kisses
    Asta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a pawsome award. Cute photos of you doggies. Percy is a good photographer

    ~ Girl girl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your very well-deserved award!

    Purrrrrrs, China Cat

    ReplyDelete
  12. CONGRATS on the award- well earned and deserved-
    Annie, mist,Gyp, & Mollie
    mom [ kc] posted this for us

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good job getting the award. I tagged you doggies for the 7 things meme.

    Cody

    Please come by our blog to find out more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your award! It is very well deserved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your award, it is very well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on you award Samaritan...what a wonderful award it is..you deserve to feel very proud of yourself.
    Abby & Rosie

    p.s. we had mom post about Haggis today on our blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey, no problem! Like I said, you can't tell over the internet - not like we can sniff each other!
    Tail wags,
    STorm

    ReplyDelete
  18. Concatulations on your award! And thank you for passing it on to us! We appreciate it! We will post it furry soon and pass it on!

    Luf, Us

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ok I teleported myself to your place to take all of ya over to Karl's for the party for Miss Peach. Ya all have to come, it just isn't a party without all of you there. Karl has parka for all so follow me. Oh, Jan I will keep an eye on things, just like before. I'll do the best that I can. Not sur when we will be back but we will all be as good as we can.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey Jan thanks for lettin me take the gang with me. I talked with Samaritan and this is what I have found out. Samaritan doesn't mean to yell when on the phone, just gets excited and forgets that well . . . we are not a little doggie. Thought ya might like to know that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.