Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Percy's aCATemy Award

This beautiful award arrived yesterday with a note:

Dear Percy,

Were yoo as upset as I was last night win I watched the Academy Awards and discuverd that not only did yoo not win an award for yer werk in CCSI, BUT YOO WERN'T EVEN NOMMYNATED??!!

I was agast. So, here is an aCATemy Award to aknolidge yer owtstanding award-winning contribyooshun to CCSI

All the best,
Skeezix the Cat
Skeezix's Scratching Post

The Funny Farm says I have to give an acceptance speech. I'm not much for speaking in public, but if I must...

I would, first of all, like to thank Skeezix for this beautiful award. I will display it proudly and treasure it always. I would like to thank Sassy of Little Productions for giving me the opportunity to participate in the CCSI production of "The Santa Caper." It was an amazing experience. I met so many nice cats and dogs and enjoyed every minute of it. I would like to thank all my castmates, the production crew and my adopted brothers and sisters of the Funny Farm.

What is it, Buddy? Stop elbowing me! Oh, thanks.

And I would like to thank Jan (who is standing behind me reading this over my shoulder) for giving me a home and feeding me a healthy diet so I was mentally and physically able to give the production my all.

Thank you all.

Percy,
Jan's Funny Farm

***********************
Here we are, late again. We intended to post about Boogie before this. We read about him on Maya & Kena's blog. In fact, that's where we picked up this poster. If you click on it, you will go to Deetz the Airedale Terror's blog where you can read more on Doogie.


Deetz's dad's is really worried about Boogie and believes he was stolen. We hope Boogie is returned/found soon.

Deetz has had other bad news recently. His friend Gizmo has cancer and isn't expected to be with him much longer. But for now, he's energetic and feeling better.

*******************
We met a new woofie today. Actually, we met several new woofies today, but this one is a Siberian Husky named Amici and he is having cluster seizures.

**********************
We have a little good news on Haggis, the missing Deerhound. He was sighted again at Albert Dr and Trillium St, Bowie, MD on February 22nd. The poster Sassy the cat made for him is on our sidebar. You can click on it to go read about him. You can also post Haggis' poster on your blog. If you don't know how to make it link to Haggis' site, email us at mercyandpercy at gmail dot com and we'll send you the code.

*********************

Churchill the cat is recovering well from his injuries, but for Bruno the woofie the news doesn't appear to be as positive. We come across news in our travels. Some of you are aware of one item but not another, so we try to remember who and where, but we're getting as bad as Jan about remembering.

*******************

And Delilah over at Dr. Tweety & the Fab 5's might have epilepsy. At least we assume that's what "eppa-leprosy" is. Or it could be "poisinon' from a azalea flowerz" that were on the kitchen table. (We love Dr. Tweety's English. He keeps us on our toes.)

***********************
Missy Blue Eyes' eye has healed and is fine. Whoopee! We're so glad.

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award. It has been a pleasure and honour to work with you at CCSI. That's a very nice acceptance speech.

    Lots of news - must come over more often to catch up on news around the furry world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you so much for placing a missing poster for Boogie on your site...that was so thoughtful and sweet of you all. I am here for you and anyone that needs me, just let me know what I can do, if anyone needs my help....Congratulations on your award, it is beautiful!
    Your friend
    Deetzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, I also put posters up on my site for Beau and Blue. Hopefully they come home soon too.

    Deetzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. do like the update about our little ones in trouble, but I only like the ones that work out OK. I wish all have a good ending and are made better and are found.
    Oh Percy, congratulations to you for having received the prestigious aCATemy Award, you are so deserving of it and it was a pleasure working with you on the show. Looking forward to the next time we get a chance to work on another project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your award, Percy!

    Thanks to your Mom for always updating on kitties, dogs or beans who need help or kind thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Percy to your aCAtemy Award!!! You so deserve it and it was a pleasure working with you. Very nice acceptance speech!
    Karl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the updates!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations with the aCATemy Award, Percy!! You so much deserve it! Working with you was an everyday joy and I hope to do it again!!

    ~Headbutts,
    Ruis

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the ACATemy award!! You deserve it!!
    And thank you fur posting the poster on your blog so others will check it out! :D
    Wags and licks,
    Maya and Kena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.