Thursday, May 23, 2013

Roses for Micah


Hey, Micah here.  Sorry we missed a couple of Thankful Thursday posts.  Last week I wanted to post about what I was thankful for but Miss Computer Hog ... well, hogged the computer.

On Mother's Day Jan came home from church with two long stemmed red roses.  They were given to everyone there for their mother or in her memory, if she had passed away.  I never met Jan's Ms Mother (Jan says we have to be good Southern cats and call our elders Ms or Mr) but all the other Funny Farmers knew her.

Jan put them in a vase of water on the kitchen table.  If you remember, I've been living in the kitchen for a few months now (by choice; it's near food and water and my warm bed) so I just knew she'd put them there for me to play with.  So I did.  At night I'd take them out of the vase and we'd play games.

Their leaves kinda fell off and they started looking a bit punk.So I took them out of the water more often but nothing helped.  I even tried to resuscitate them. Then they shriveled up and after one big sigh of good-bye, they both died.

I miss my friends and wish they could have hung around longer, but I'm very thankful they were here long enough to become my friends. They were fun to play with.  And they smelled good too.  Not like tuna, but with a flowery kind of scent.

This post was prepared before the F5 tornado ripped through Oklahoma the other day. We joined the BlogPaws Disaster Response Network when it was set up.  We received some information from them yesterday and posted it on Facebook but forgot to add it here.

The largest need at the moment is cash. BlogPaws is reaching out to the BDRN and all the sponsors of the 2013 conference to pledge a commitment for Oklahoma. This collective donation will go to the World Vets who are assessing the needs on site to make the best decision on where the money will go – based on their work in past disasters.

Donations will be collected by World Vets through 11:59 PM Tuesday, May 28th. The collective donation will be announced when the money is ready for delivery. A badge with a direct donate link is at the top of our right sidebar.

http://blogp.ws/16O9ofk. Here you can find hings from who needs what to donations to where to look for lost and found pets. 

Many of you have lived through a tornado, but we never have, so we can not truly imagine the shock and devastation of such a powerful storm.  We pray for all those affected, especially for those who lost a loved one.

15 comments:

  1. We think every flower that comes through here is our furriend to play with, too! Happy thursday, Micah! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you JUST cant help cut flowers stay well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flowers just never last long enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're sure Jan appreciated your attention to those roses and how you tried to help them, save them. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mommy got a rose at church one time too! And she told the preist that she wasn't a mother (of humans at least) and he said that she still counted because she might be one day!

    Licks,
    Ruthie

    Pee.s. Would you like to write a column for the chronicle? I know you showed interest in doing so before. No pressure though :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry your new flowery friends aren't with you anymore, but maybe they had some offspring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. they may not have lasted as long as you would have liked... BUTT they were GRRRRREAT for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so lucky to get roses to play with. Too bad they don't last very long. I love playing with flowers too - so much that M doesn't bring them in the house anymore! sigh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Short but sweet, eh Micah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just told efurryone to come see your wonderful blog! Cause I am so thankful to have won the furminator! And what to I find? The Wonderful Funny Farmers being spokesanimals for a special fundraiser for others! Your kindness and thoughtfulness never ends!!
    Thank you so much for my furminator, and I have s special post for you!
    QUINN

    ReplyDelete
  11. micah....I trooly dinna noe I smelled bad enuff for ewe ta smell me kleer wear ewe lives....may bee eye WILL let me mom gives me a bath...

    on second thought...nyah

    haza grate day

    TUNA of moon :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad you enjoyed playing with the roses while you could Micah. Maybe you should ask Jan to make a weekly order for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We nom on flowers, the mom has to put them where we cant reach. Sometimes she forgets and we get to munch a few on the kitchen table.


    We is sorry the Mom is late in helping to answer our blog comments. She's a mad person mixing up lotions, salves and whatever else she makes fer her big convention next month.

    Fanks fer stoppin by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are sure Jan appreciated your attention and efforts with those roses, Micah. :)

    Thank you for posting about the BlogPaws Disaster Response Network. What happened in Oklahoma is just terrible, and we are purring and praying for everyone there, human and furry.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those roses sounds like lots of fun Micah and good sports for letting you play with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.