Thursday, January 02, 2014

Marcus Whippersnapper


Hey, remember me, Little Puppy No Name?  Well, I have some news to share today.  But first, I want to show you how big I've grown.  Jan said I'm a weed.  Is that good?

Little Puppy No Name:  Here I am with Merci, the smallest canine Funny Farmer.  This was taken 3 weeks ago on December 12. It was really cold and Jan put a shirt on me.  Notice how it coves most of my back and hangs down my legs and under my belly?

Little Puppy No Name:  Well, here I am with Sam, the largest canine Funny Farmer.  Notice I'm in the same shirt but it's shorter on my back now.


Sam:  Somebody please get rid of this annoying whippersnapper!  I don't need a shadow. 

Little Puppy No Name: Yes, the shirt is definitely shorter on my back now and it doesn't cover my legs any more.  I'm growing up. Soon I'll be as big as Sam.

Sam:  You have a long way to grow to be my size and you have small feet, so you won't ever grown as big as I am.

Puppy No Name:  But Sam I love you and I want to be just like you when I grow up.

Sam:  *sigh* What do I have to do to get rid of this annoying shadow?

Puppy No Name:  But, Sam, I have to follow your around so I'll learn how to be a better puppy.  Isn't that how it works?

Okay, now that I've proved how much I've grown, I don't want to be called little any more.  And I'm not Puppy No Name either.  I have a name now.  That's part of my news.

I told you before Christmas Jan found my owner and he still wanted me but Jan was going to keep me for a while to finish housebreaking me because he's never had a puppy before and didn't realize what he was getting into when he picked me up at Walmart and brought me home.  I didn't know how to eat solid food or drink water so I hadn't even been weaned yet.  He taught me to eat and drink and, boy, am I glad!  I love to eat, even things Jan tells me aren't edible, and I drink lots of water. 

But he and Jan had a conversation the other day and he said he knew Jan must have gotten attached to me (how could she not!)  and he thought it in my best interest to let Jan either keep me or find me a new home.  Jan told me she loves me but she can't have a 4th dog here, so I will be going to a vet for my shots and the Humane Society will help Jan find me a new home.

Jan also told me I should be grateful to my first human for bringing me home.  She wonders if any of my siblings are still alive after being given out  while we were so young.  Why would humans hand out puppies to strangers as a spur of the moment parking lot freebie if we're only going to be dumped at the kill shelter in a few days or abandoned somewhere to fend for ourselves? I got lucky.  Because that guy took me home I'm going to have a good life.

Since I am headed to a vet soon, Jan said I needed a name, so now I have one.  I am Marcus!  So named for Jan's Texas dog rescue friend, Mark. 

Okay, that's all my news for today.  So we're going to go join the Thankful Thursday blog hop at Pepi Smart Dog's blog.



And also the This N That Thursday blog hop, co-hosted by 2 Brown Dawgs nd Ruckus the Eskie.

29 comments:

  1. Marcus, you sure are one lucky pup. I know you'd rather stay with Jan and your furieds but they won't ever furget you. And you won't ever furget them either. Hope you find a great new home.

    Glad they don't have any "rules" here in my country home or my "ten-pack" would be in serious trouble...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcus you've been lucky twice! First to have found "the nice man", and then to have found wonderful Jan.
    And we're sure you'll be just as lucky to find a new furever home where they will all love you very much, Happy 2014 to all of you on the Funny Farm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After Ann's comment, maybe you should add Lucky to your name, Lucky Marcus. We hope you find another home that is as good as the Funny Farm. All paws crossed for you.

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sweater is adorable on you!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, Jan's Funny Farm!

    Hi Marcus, we're happy that you've met Jan and friends at Farm. We hope you will find a forever home with humans who know your needs very well. :) :)
    Happy Thursday!

    Momo & Pinot xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marcus you are ONE very VERY lucky guy. Jan will get you all ready fur your FUREVER home...

    GIVE HER A BUNCH OF KISSES fur THAT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy Jan found you! Crossing our paws that you will find an equally excellent furever home soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are a lucky pup Marcus.... we are glad you are safe and know that Jan will do a great job finding your forever family

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sweater is such a fashion statement. Glad to hear your good news, we've been concerned about you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray for puppy Marcus! What a wonderful life you're going to have.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope Markus gets a great forever home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I wish u the very best of luck puppy no name.....aka Marcus! I hope u will find ur forever home soon!!!
    ((Husky hugz))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marcus, we hope you find a good and loving home very soon. You look pretty cute in the sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Little Marcus....I hope that you can find a wonderful forever home and you're right - thank heavens that man brought you home and thank heavens Jan is helping you become a responsible pup and READY for a new home....I'm sure you'll have a life full of love and I hope you even have a doggy brother or sister in that new home to play with! I hope you lead a wonderful life....

    Hugs, Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marcus you are a cutie and you were lucky that Jan took you in. I hope the nice man that took you home looks after you as good as Jan does and that you will be very happy. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope Marcus finds his forever home soon. IT should be illegal to sell or give puppies away in a store parking lot. Sigh...humans!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We're glad to read such news ! You're a lucky boy, Marcus ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  18. marcus...all de best two ewe in findin yur forevers home...just tell em... de FFF sended ya...N ewe shuld bee on yur way ta yur new a dress in noe time...N may St francis help ya get ther !!

    ReplyDelete
  19. marcus...all de best two ewe in findin yur forevers home...just tell em... de FFF sended ya...N ewe shuld bee on yur way ta yur new a dress in noe time...N may St francis help ya get ther !!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, that's great news. I thinking it was nice of that man to admit he didn't know anything about caring for you. I'm so happy they will try to find a good home for you - a forever one. Yes, no one should just throw puppies out on the street - not weaned, can't eat, very sick people for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great story Marcus! You will have a wonderful new person, you've learned how to love. happy TNT! Meghan from 2catsandacattledog.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Marcus I hope you find a home just as wonderful and get lots of love.
    Sue B

    ReplyDelete
  23. You really are a lucky guy, Marcus. We're glad to hear that you're going to have a bright future ahead of you, with a little help from friends like Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks so much for joining TNT. That really is some news. I guess I missed the post about finding Marcus' owner. I am so glad he will have a good home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, we wish you the best in finding a good home. At least you were lucky going to live with Jan. The ignorant things people do with animals is just appalling! You must have been too young to leave your mom if you didn't know how to eat. Its unthinkable someone would do that.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Marcus, we like your name very much. And we're so glad you found your way to Jan's Funny Farm. We will purr and pray that you find your forever loving home real soon. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So funny to be called "puppy with no name". So true but so funny! Glad you're now gifted the name Marcus!

    Thanks for linking up to This 'N That Thursday! See you next week (if not sooner!)

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are one lucky Puppy Marcus. Give Sam a bit of room and he will play with you all day.
    Purrs that you find a home soon
    Timmy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.