Thursday, April 17, 2014

Buddy Mini Mess

Buddy:  When I was a pup I kept the area around my bed so neat and organized, I started a bedmaking school to help others learn the basics of housekeeping.  When Mini Me AKA Marcus first came to stay with us temporarily, he was a young, impressionable pup and I am proud to say he has been an A student.


Marcus:  Thank you, Buddy.  I am proud to be your Mini Me.  I love keeping my area clean and neat.  Here I am a few weeks ago playing in my (borrowed) neat and clean crate.  I've since outgrown it but it was fun to retreat inside away from the mess the other dogs make. 


Buddy:  As you can see, everything was in its place.

Percy:  And what place would that be, Buddy?  It looks like a mess to me and the other cats.

Marcus:  I take exception to that, Percy.  Would you like to borrow Jan's reading glasses so you can see the photo better?

Percy:  No, thanks.  I can see it fine.  I can also remember Marcus dragging our cat toys into the crate before he shredded them.

Merci:  I remember sharing sleeping quarters with you, Buddy.  You weren't happy just making a mess on your half of the bed, you'd mess up my half too.  It always looked like a family of baboons wandered through and left their trash strewn about.

Buddy:  I never!

Merci:  You always!  And this winter while you and Marcus slept in luxury, Jan covered the crate to make me a warm cave to sleep in at night.  I could never get comfortable because of all the lumps in the bedding.  If that's what you guys think is gold star bedmaking, you obviously slept through the course.

Marcus:  I thought this post was supposed to be a positive one about me and my mentor Buddy.  He taught me everything I know about being neat and clean. 


Buddy:  Just look at how organized Marcus kept his crate.

Merci:  I hate to break this to you guys, but, Marcus, you're not a Buddy Mini Me.  You're a Buddy Mini Mess.

Marcus:  Thank you, Merci. I'm so thankful Buddy saw my potential and took me under his wing ... er, paw.

We are joining Pepi Smart Dog for Thankful Thursday.

And co-hosts Ruckus the Eskie and Love is being owned by a Huskie for Thoughtless Thursday.

13 comments:

  1. It looks good to us. We kittehz like things piled up to snooze on. MOL!

    As long as you know where everything is, that's all that matters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We like your mini messes. When we make a mess we tend to go large.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are Neat and Tidy fur SURE... Almost TOO neat. We would want a bit of clutter to make it more.. HOMEY. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WELL we thinks it looks just perfect....we never sleep in our crates we only go in there to eat a treat or hide a toy.....
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like a comfy organized stuffiness... not messy at all.

    Marcus, you are a furry good student.

    Purrz, LuLu.

    oh and me n Mom hads an adventure going to Cornado Castle and finding Lil Bear's Head in the light of a Red Moon! Thanks dear Jan and furry frinds fur Finding Lil Bears Head!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww thats great MArcus!!! I am so glad you have been an A student! That is great to hear! Koda is not neat and tidy in his crate! Not one bit!!!! thanks for linking up with us!
    ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. percy....frank lee we saw a mess two but bein de Easturr seezon we wanted ta bee poe lite N knot menshun any thing bout how messed up de whole a fairz wuz....

    dawgs....N they due knot even GROOM..

    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    heerz hopin everee one haza safe, happee N burd free Easturr ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. At least they are only mini messes
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had to laugh at the Mini messes line!!! MOL
    We saw Cyndi was the star of the day yesterday on the calender!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nailah likes to rumple up the blankets and pillows on my bed before plopping down on them. I guess dogs just like sleeping in funny looking piles of things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marvellous Merci! You tell it like it is! LOL! Awww but sweet Marcus does look like beautiful Buddy's mini-me! Adorable!

    Happy Easter to you all! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that you've mentioned minime..I can't get the image of austin powers team out of my head! GROOOVY.

    Thanks for sharing on Thoughtless Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.